Walking & Hiking
Walking Plus is the only locally based walking tour operator on the Cycladic islands of Greece, and the only operator offering self-guided walking holidays. The company was founded in 2002 by husband-and-wife team Gilly and Robin Cameron-Cooper, who lived in Greece when Robin worked for the country's leading advertising agency. His first career, though, was in the Army, where he developed the navigation skills that are essential when plotting the self-guided routes.
This year Walking Plus is also on Paros.
SELF-GUIDED WALKING (HIKING)
• 1-week holidays: 8 days, 7 nights, starting any Wed, Thurs or Fri between 15 April and 16 June, or 1 September and 16 October
• Combine with the Walking Plus programme on Naxos, Amorgos or Tinos for a holiday of two weeks or more
• Or stay in the Walking Plus country villa (see VILLA TO LET/B&B) or a recommended hotel (see LINKS)
TAILOR-MADE GUIDED WALKING (HIKING)
• For your own party of family of friends
• Start any day between 15 April and 16 June, or 1 September and 16 October
• 1-week walking programme: 8 days, 7 nights
• Combine with the Walking Plus programmes on Naxos, Amorgos, Tinos, and the Minor Cyclades, or a stay in the Walking Plus villa to extend your holiday